ITIN Processing

What are the conditions in which a non-US person needs an ITIN?

Most of the people don’t know the circumstances during which a non-US person need an ITIN and what an ITIN exactly implies.

Usually, they are confused with the words ITIN (Individual Taxpayer Identification Number) and EIN (Employer Identification Number). The EIN number will be used for the company’s tax purposes whereas an ITIN will be used for the individuals. IN most cases, the ITIN will be termed as Social Security Number (SSN).

The SSN entitles residents or native citizens of the USA to work in the US. On the other hand, ITIN is required for the individuals for whom the US taxpayer ID is required.

  • You are required to file an income tax return
  • You own an organization in the country and you are required to use a commercial credit card.
  • You are a dependent of a non-US citizen.
  • You have the tax filing obligation in the US.
  • You own any sort of US trade or possess connected income in the USA.

The process of obtaining an ITIN number is not simple. So, it is always advisable to hire an experience with relevant experience before you are going to embark on the process of applying for an ITIN.